Saturday, February 12, 2011

a day off from school!

We headed down to Nuna & Papa's yesterday to spend the day, and really had a great time. I had emailed Nuna (my mom-in-law) about an idea I had about making little Valentine bags from fabric that the kids could use as mailboxes, to give each other Valentines and treats in (and maybe I will slide a few treats in myself). I thought it would be fun for them to have something that they could save from year to year,since I have not usually done very much on Valentine's Day to make it memorable, except maybe bake some cookies. I think I have mentioned before that I am NOT very good at sewing. Nuna was kind enough to pick up some fabric for my idea at Joann's Fabrics, and invited us down to make them, have lunch and just hang out. Well, you can imagine my relief, due to the fact that Nuna spent many years as a professional seamstress. I thought I was home free! So I traipsed on down to Monticello, but when I got there Nuna said that she had the fabric all ready for me to cut out and sew. Uh oh. The look on her face when I asked her what to do first was priceless. Kind of like "Seriously? You don't know how to make a BAG?" Well, long story short, she kindly guided me and I DID IT !



After a long day of sewing, cooking and the kids getting plenty of outside playtime, we headed home, stopping off at Publix to pick up the fixin's for banana splits, which Abbie has asked me to include pictures of here:




What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment