Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fourth of July









We went to the Fourth of July celebration at the Conyers Horse Park this year, along with Nuna and Papa Hollinhead. All of the kids swiped Papa's "country hat" (that's what Irene & Abbie call it) at least once. We found a nice spot under the trees to park our chairs,


and then wandered around to see what there was to see. We watched a dog agility contest (here we are, trying to see over the crowd),



looked some cars that I think Michael would have liked looking at, but I had little to no appreciation for their beauty :



Nuna and Abbie shared a funnel cake, while I hogged one all to myself,





and then settled in to wait (what seemed like forever...) for the fireworks to start.



We all got a little bit bored, and a lot silly....
see exhibit A:



Exhibit B:



Exhibit C:




Exhibit D:


and, Exhibit E:

All in all, it was a fun Independence Day, but it did make me long for the simple days of watching fireworks from Cazenovia Lake in my dad's beat up old Starcraft.
But then again, we didn't get any funnel cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment